Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint

Every single time I finish putting a gloss on someone, the first thing they do is blot.  Why, people, WHY??

The beauty of a gloss is in it's immaculate, smooth finish - just as you wouldn't want dents in your nail polish or unevenness in your freshly waxed car, why would you mar the polished shine of a freshly-glossed lip??

Then one day, I came across the following:




During a cursory browse in Bath & Body Works, I came across a table full of irresistible lip goodies.  I'm not usually a fan of flavoured lipgloss, but I just have to say:  these are DELICIOUS.

Like, I-want-to-scoop-it-out with-a-spoon delicious.  The mint obviously doesn't actually freshen your breath the way mouth wash does, but there's a pleasant coolness on my lips and breath when I breathe in after applying. They're also incredibly moisturizing which is a surprise since I'm convinced that all lip products contain a drying agent to induce continued purchasing.  The colours aren't very strong, but not so weak that there's no difference between the three.

From the left:
  • Plum Mint: It's a very light plum - a really nude, dark pink that I use when I feel like a spicier look.
  • Bare Mint: My go-to.  It's my lip colour but better because it's SHINY.
  • Magenta Mint:  My least favourite of the three, but I bought it because they were 3 for 2 and I figured I should expand my range a little.  It's not an awful colour, it's a rather sheer bright pink, but it doesn't do a whole lot for my skin.
I haven't felt this way about a squeeze-tube gloss since Lancôme Juicy Tubes started getting weird. You know what I mean, that formula change where they went from krazy-glue-sticky to uber-viscous?  C.O. Bigelow's managed to strike the right balance; the Lip Tints are just sticky enough so you feel they're staying on, but not so sticky that your hair tears out every time it gets caught.  Take notes, Lancôme.


No comments:

Post a Comment