You will need:
- Mascara - any colour
- A fluffy brush (nothing with stiff bristles)
- Bright eye shadow
- Shadow guards - or in my world, a folded-up face wipe/tissue
It's the easiest thing in the world - load up your brush with plenty of shadow and gently pat the colour on after you've applied your mascara. The reason I recommend shadow guards is that you're not really painting the colour on so much as you are dusting it, so holding a tissue underneath will catch all the shadow you spread. I prefer face wipes because I can wipe off anything I don't catch.
- I wouldn't put the same colour on your lids. You can, but that might make it look as though you just forgot to put mascara on afterwards. I like a contrasting colour, potentially even anchored by black liner (I didn't do that in the example, but if you like a more defined eye, that'd be the way to do it)
- Apply the mascara to the tops of your lashes too so the powder catches better
- The brows aren't part of the tutorial, I just felt like going a little runway. The lashes inspired me!