Friday, November 19, 2010

How-To: DIY Tinted Moisturizer

Happy Friday, lovelies!

For me, I'm about to get into that hideous time of year:   FINALS!

Alright, so that was a tad melodramatic, but I'm sure some of you know what I mean.  This is that time of year when I gain about fifteen pounds and start letting go of all sense of cleansing routine and ignoring apparel of any sort.

Okay, maybe not the apparel bit since I still can't bring myself to wear sweats to class, but I definitely start skimping when it comes to making myself presentable from the neck up.  I stop moisturizing, sun-protecting or colour correcting.  So how do we go about fixing that?  One-step make up, baby.


That nameless little bottle above is a combination of the four items behind it.
  • Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55
  • Nivea Creme
  • Benefit High Beam
  • Boots No 7 Stay Perfect Perfection Continue in New Ivory
I really just eyeballed, but I'll say it's 40% Sunscreen, 40% Nivea, 15% foundation and 5% High Beam.  You can use any combination of products really - I just wanted more SPF and a dewy glow.  You could easily a liquid bronzer or a tiny amount of iridescent pigment for a different effect.


On the right side of my face I applied the foundation alone and on the left I've applied my personal creation - in real life you can tell that the foundation is a little heavier (look around my neck, the difference is the most obvious there), but otherwise, not a huge difference.  So go, mix and be merry!

I'm sorry I look so angry.  It's not you guys, I promise =P

No comments:

Post a Comment