Saturday, December 18, 2010

Glitter (Friday) Saturday: Glitter Your...


Wink!

Anyone ever seen Audrey Hepburn in How to Steal a Million?  Queen of sparkly eyeshadow right there!


I love a glittery eye - if I had it my way, I'd pack on the glitter so that all you'd see is shine, but I haven't found a medium that doesn't crease on me yet.  Will update when I do!  I love that when you look down and the light just happens to catch you get that solid sparkle you can't get from anything else.

I usually anchor a really glittery lid with liquid liner - I just feel that it needs something to pull it all together.   Unlike other major eye looks, I don't feel the need to play down anything else - depending on the colour of the glitter, I'd just easily rock a red or neutral lip.  The only thing I would warn you against though - don't put glitter anywhere else.  I mean it.  It goes from holiday to showgirl just like that.




So this week I went out and purchased a set of pigments from the MAC's Holiday Collection - my first pigments ever!  I always shied away from purchasing pigments because I never thought I'd get through the entire bottle.  These come in a much more palatable 0.09 oz each, versus 0.15 oz.

Here's the thing about putting glitter on your lids - it gets EVERYWHERE.  If there is ever a time to make the effort and tape down semi circles of cotton underneath your lids...it is now.  Another thing is that the pigments don't really show up if you use them dry - I tried with water and they worked fine.  I'm going to do a full review on these once I figure out how to work with them properly.






Close Up

Here's the breakdown:

Gold Mode all over the lid (and a little on the cheekbone)
Most Darling on the crease
Gilded Green on the lashline and in the inner corner
L'Oreal Telescopic Liner (my new favourite liquid liner!  Will review soon)
Bare Escentuals Buxom Mascara

That's all folks!

1 comment: