Monday, January 17, 2011

Best. Lipbalm. Ever.

I'm terrible when it comes to chapped lips.  There's nothing I love more than realllllllllllly really soft lips, but I can't bring myself to constantly reapply balm.

Here's how it goes:  I'll find an old lip balm that I remember loving and religiously reapply it for about 3 hours, then toss it in my bag only to have it never be seen again.  Of course the above is true for the following products, but at least I'm trying?  I was once told that lip balms contain a drying agent so you purchase more of the product.  It makes sense.

Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balm, SPF 20, Red, 0.5 Ounce




This balm keeps my lips so so so smooth I have a little trouble believing it.  I can have huge chunks of skin flaking off my lips or just rough patches (not only on the lip, but also around them), but this completely eradicates them.

I first came across this in Hong Kong, and the girl showed it to me with their lip scrub (which felt GREAT on the back of my hand, but I didn't get it.  To this day I have no idea why I still have yet to purchase it), and it came in yellow which smelled like lemon meringue pie!  The one I'm using now is their basic red one which just has a really light scent.  Not sure what it is though.  It gives off the tiniest hint of colour and it feels so fantastic on.  Whenever I put on Korres Lip Butter, I describe the texture as...cushiony.  I'm not sure what this is, but I simply adore the feeling of smoothing this emollient across my lips in the softest manner. It's comparable to Vaseline, but is by some miracle of god not as...sticky feeling?

And because I know you're wondering:  Yes, this product beats out Korres Lip Butter, Cherry Chapstick, Softlips, Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm and Rosebud Salve.  All solid contenders, but hear me now when I say that when it comes to my lips - I will always reach for Philosophy first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment