Monthly Favourites - they are exactly that. At the end of the month, or in the first few days of the next month, I'll post a list of fun things I've tried or quite simply fallen in love with. It makes sense once you read it.
Favourite things of January (in an orderly, clockwise fashion)!
- I recently found a zippered pocket on the sleeve of my winter coat, and have decided that it'd be a perfect place to keep my phone and a lip gloss. I've reviewed this gloss before, but please let me have a minute to bask in my love for this gloss. Okay. Thanks.
- This is the Matt&Nat Malik clutch, and I have to say I do not actually own this, but I recently purchased something similar. I'm trying to communicate that instead of toting my purse to the grocery store or the movies when I know I won't need a ton of stuff, I just carry a tiny little cardholder/clutch like this, attach my keys to it and go! I bring my wallet when I know I'll need to spend a lot, or have all my cards, but really, it's become close to obsolete. Sorry, wallet.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir came to me about a year ago, but after I finished my first tiny bottle, I never repurchased it because I went on a rosewater kick. Still love rosewater, but a week ago they had these in one of the impulse purchase bins for $18 CAD at Sephora, so I gave in and impulsed. I'm SO GLAD I did! It's perfect for when I apply my make up too heavily - just a light spritz over my face and it immediately looks fresher and more natural.
- This is my first foray into gel liners, and I'm pleasantly surprised by Maybelline's Gel Eye Liner! It's really creamy and smooth and the black is black enough for me - and you all know how dark and rich I like my eyeliner/mascara. It comes with a handy little eyeliner brush which works fantastically, or any angle brush will do. I want to review it properly for you, but I'd rather try a few others so I have a proper benchmark.
- Hot Tools Curling Iron - LOVE this. I haven't had a curling iron in a really long time; I've mostly been using my GHD or the Conair Infiniti You Curl. I'd forgotten how gorgeous just a little volume can be, and with the 1.5 in barrel I purchased, it's so, so easy to get.
Anything January brought you that you particularly liked?