Monday, February 21, 2011

Pretty Little Liars have the best nails on TV

I've never read the books, but with a name like Pretty Little Liars, I had to check out the premiere of this ABC show last summer.  It was okay, nothing special, fun plot - but definitely a very teen, guilty pleasure type of show.  I usually watch these shows (*cough*Gossip Girl*cough*The City*cough*) for the clothes and such.  They also make for a good all-day-in-bed day.

So I've adored the nail colours on this show - it's not often a show pays such attention to nail colour.  The last TV character I can recall loving this much nail-wise is Georgina Sparks (played by Michelle Trachtenberg) on Season 2 of Gossip Girl.  That may have been too specific.  On her first appearance she wore Chanel Blue Satin, which was (and still is) one of my favourite colours.  Then she changed to That's Hot! by OPI, amongst other colours (including a gorgeous, gorgeous bright blue).

Anyway, back to Pretty Little Liars - I was advised to do a post on my picks for each character's chosen nail colour...challenge accepted!

I've decided to go a step further and limit myself to colours from my own collection only.  If you've seen it and the show, you'll know that a couple of the characters will be hard for me.  But here goes nothing!


Pardon the blur - this photo showed the colours in their truest form!

From left to right - can you guess?



Emily's (played by Shay Mitchell) not the girliest of the bunch, but she seems to be the sweetest.  In the most recent episodes where she's started taking swimming more seriously again, we've seen her in a lot of t-shirts, jeans, and fitted hoodies.  Her character probably wouldn't wear polish except on special occasions, but for argument's sake, I'm going to go with a fun coral colour that Hanna would make her wear.  Here I've shown OPI's I'm His Coral-Friend.

Speak of the devil!  I love, love, LOVE Hanna's (played by Ashley Benson) colour choices - they are the closest to my own.  Loud, bright and everything in between.  The girliest of them all, she's your typical popular, high school queen bee, and isn't afraid to rock a little colour.  I'm showing China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover.

Spencer (played by Troian Bellisario) is the mama wolf of the group - mature, calm and fiercely protective.  She's also desperately overachieving and with that kind of drive, you know she won't just ignore personal grooming, but she'll keep colours appropriate and long-wearing.  Instead of showing you swatches of more nudes (which are just too obvious for Spencer's character), I thought I'd go nighttime and show a grown up, opaque colour that I picture her throwing on just before a nice dinner with her parents.

Aria's (played by Lucy Hale) such a fashionista I couldn't just put a normal colour on her.  She'll sometimes dabble into crazy brights, but most of the time she's got a very on-trend colour on - from vampy to metallic.  I've chosen my precious Chanel Kaleidoscope for her, simply because it is such a cult colour.  Wear it well.

Suggestions of your own?  Leave them below =)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the girls! They each have something awesome about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't even begin to decide whose style I like the best.

      Delete