Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grad Formal

This past weekend, my college held a graduating formal (I'm going to keep this intro short as this is the longest post I've had in a while).  Bottom line?  Ballgown + open bar = very dirty hem = another ridiculous dry cleaning bill.  For those of you who have your proms and formals coming up in June, here's a little something to get you started!

Here's my dress - inspiration for the entire look
Me and Mr. Man
Lynn (who you may remember from this post!) and Me


  

Hair:  I used the same look in a previous post - I teased out all the curl in my hair, arranged it into a faux-hawk of sorts, and pinned it in place with a multitude of bobby pins.  I used L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray to keep it in place.

Make Up:
  • Prime with La Roche Posay Cicaplast
  • Apply Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff with a sponge for maximum coverage
  • Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in #2 under the eye, just patted in with your ring finger
  • On the eye
    • GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Primer all over the lid and under the eye
    • MAC Satin Taupe all over the lid
    • MAC Mulch in the crease - with this colour, I really exaggerated the colour.I placed the colour from the very inner corner and a little past my natural eye for a really smokey look.  I took Mulch underneath the eye for some continuity.
    • I lined the lower waterline with Maybelline Gel Eye Liner and squeezed my eyes together really tightly to spread the colour onto my upper waterline.
    • One coat of L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Black on top and bottom lashes.
  • Brows:  I used Benefit Hoola to define the shape and then shaded in with more MAC Mulch
    Nails: Lincoln Park After Dark



    More photos of Lynn!



    Hair: Lynn has really curly, virgin hair.  Being the low-maintenance girl she is, her hair remains protected from regular heat styling and stress.

    Make Up: Lynn doesn't wear a lot of make up regularly, so I didn't want to do anything too drastic.  She already has such strong, defined features that I didn't want to hide them behind lots of contouring or colour.
    • I didn't have her proper foundation colour, so I ended up mixing Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff with a little CoverGirl NatureLuxe 340 foundation.  Lynn has gorgeous skin, so she didn't really need a base - I just wanted to give the rest of the make up something to hold onto.
    • I dusted Overdyedfrom the Mac Jeanius collection on the apples of her cheeks, and lined the outer third of her lashline in MAC Espresso.  I extended the line a little past her natural eye to give her a bit of a cat-eye.  Two coats of Lancome Hypnose Drama followed on the top lashes, and one coat of Maybelline Falsies on the lower lashes.
    • Topped it all off with MAC LipGelee in CelloPink

    2 comments:

    1. Procrastinator "K": you look lovely. So did you friend :)

      ReplyDelete