Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm in the mood for something...Haul-icious.

I've never done a Haul on here before (have I?  Now I'm not sure.  I hate definitive statements), but yesterday was one of those spur-of-the-moment shopping days where you knock a series of items of your "I Want" list!

I also had the opportunity to take part in the BACK-TO-MAC program for the first time.  This fun, eco-friendly feature lets you recycle six empties in exchange for a lipglass, lipstick or an eye shadow.  I wasn't sure if they'd take Penultimate liquid liner pens back or not (despite ruthless Googling), but it turns out they do!  The only thing they didn't take was the paper envelope that holds the solo eye shadow palette pan, but I didn't think they would anyway.

So on my way to MAC, I stopped at my local Shopper's Drug Mart, and picked up a Lise Watier Mineral Compact Powder.
From ChickAdvisor
I was looking for something to help boost the coverage on my MUFE HD Foundation.  It's got decent coverage, but I need something a little stronger for photos/acne scarring.  This packaging is the cutest thing in the world - it comes with a sponge I'll probably never use and the best part?  Blotting sheets!  Those white things in the photo are a refillable stack of blotting papers.  How cute is that??


Cicaplast from La Roche Posay I heard from Lisa Eldridge that this is her new favourite primer, and I just had to try it - how can you not?  She's a man among boys.  That said, I still scoured MakeUpAlley for reviews, and several like me had tried it on her recommendation.  People did say it'd be better for dry skin, which is not entirely the case for me, but it did actually help the make up stay on to the point where once blended, it wouldn't budge.  It went on a little sticky - I was worried it would ruin the finish of any powder I put on top, but the liquid foundation and my powder eye shadow went (and stayed) on beautifully.

Next, to MAC!

I saw Temptalia's promo pics for the MAC Jeanius collection and swooned.  That doesn't often happen to me as I only recently started more regularly wearing shadow on my lids (the shadows are usually the only fun colours).   I picked up MAC Overdyed - a bright magenta, erring on plum.  I've been lusting after a bright pop of colour like this for so long, and Jeanius just happened to swoop in and save the day!



Lately I've been using my Maybelline Natural Smokes Quad a lot, but the texture of the shadows leaves something to be desired.  Option?  Reverse-dupe the colour with MAC shadows.  After some light Googling, I found that Satin Taupe and Mulch were solid contenders for the top two colours, so I went to get one in exchange for my containers, and purchased the other.
MAC Eye Shadow Velvet Mulch



And of course, no haul would be complete without nail polish, so I decided to get my butt on the Fall 2010 bandwagon.  Introducing...
Four solidly dusty colours that I've been looking to expand my collection with.  The red is somehow both brown and blue-based; the green is a gray-er version of Chanel's Khaki Vert; the dove gray is a dustier version of OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, and this is my first brown, so I have nothing with which I can compare!  It's a dark, chocolate-y colour which I think would be really good for a summer evening, paired with a brightly coloured dress.

And from OPI's Espana...
OPI Classic Shades Nail Lacquer, Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow .5 fl oz (15 ml)

Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow - I needed it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment