Monday, March 28, 2011

Kids, Use Protection

The other day, my boyfriend sidled up to me and said, "Oh, you smell good - what are you wearing?"

"Nothing," I answered.

This post could get mildly awkward right about now, but I swear it's not what you think.

I had, in fact, just applied sunscreen to my face, and I know he likes powdery, night-time scents, so I followed up with, "I have sunscreen on."  He proceeded to incessantly make fun of me.

"Babe, you know it's winter outside, right?  You know, that time when it's all cold and windy and the precipitation clouds the sun?"

I related this story to my roommate, and she said the same thing happened to her.  Is it an inherent guy thing that they just don't understand that despite the sun not shining directly at you, UV rays still exist?  God knows.  Either way, just wanted to remind you all that you need to SPF it up - even in the winter!  Summer's around the corner anyway (damn, now I've jinxed it), so you might as well get into the habit of screening. 

I'm currently using Neutrogena Dry-Touch - absorbs fairly quickly, but can leave a chalky cast on darker skin
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 55, 3 Ounces (Pack of 2)

I used to use Aveeno Positively Ageless.  This made my skin feel SO soft!  I couldn't find it after the season though, which is why I'm using Neutrogena.
Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Moisturizer, SPF-30, UVA/UVB, 2.5-Ounce Tube

I want to try:
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 .32 oz (9 g)La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face, 1.7-Ounce Bottle

Summer, just you wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment