Friday, April 29, 2011

Favourites? Never.

This is not a favourites post.  I repeat, this is not a favourites post.  It's a ... I happened to use this a lot this past month post.

Fine, it's a favourites post.

First up?



Clip-on earrings - I visited my roommate's mom at her house and she offloaded a ton of vintage costume jewelry on me - sweetest woman ever!  Not to mention she has the most amazing Louis XIII taste.

Shu Uemura Lash Curler - this is not technically new, but I just found it after months of searching and I'm enjoying looking more awake than usual.  If you're interested, it was on my windowsill behind a sheer curtain.  Yes, I'm a moron.

SHM - If you follow juicystar07 and allthatglitters21 on their new site Elle & Blair, they put up posts about getting ready in the morning.  I'm not the most organized/focused person in the world so I find that having a down to the quarter hour detailed routine makes me calm down and makes me study (ps, just finished finals!).  Comment below if you'd like me to share mine - I love reading other people's but I feel like mine is never interesting.  I also adore What's In Your Bag/Carry-On/etc. posts, so if you have one, link it in the comments!

MAC187 - I mentioned that I got this brush in this post.  I would like to retract what I said about it being an impulse purchase - my boyfriend bought it for me (impulsively).  Anyway, I bought this to use with liquid foundation, but I have found a new use for it - highlight!  I use it with Benefit High Beam and I love love love the finish.  It looks so natural and not at all streaky.  I also recently tried it with Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and the finish isn't bad for that either.  For some reason it has a hard time with the MUFE HD foundation...it's fine on my face and forehead, but right around my eyes I have trouble buffing in the product.

Dulce de Leche - I've always loved this, but they always run out of this one at Williams-Sonoma by the time I get there they only have the chocolate one.  I mean, also good, but I like my dulce straight up caramel.  I try not to be a barbarian and eat it out of the jar by itself, but it won't stop staring at me.  When I have a little more self control, I slice up a banana or open a carton of Haagen Dazs Vanilla Bean ice cream.

La Salamandra Milk Caramel Sauce Dulce de Leche - pack of 2
What did you have fun with in April?


4 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Dolce :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make clip on earings!lol i am having a giveaway on my blog, that is perfect for spring&summer! a RAD BIKINI by a young Mexican designeer! check it out, you wont be disappointed ♥ i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the earrings! i have never had dulce de leche, and this post makes me want to try it!

    and i plan on doing a "what's in my bag" post very soon - i love them, as well!

    ReplyDelete