Friday, April 15, 2011

Review: BellaPierre 9-Stack Shimmer

In my first year of university, my then next-door-neighbour texted me one day saying she'd spent $300 on mineral make up.  It was right around that time that mineral make up burst onto the scene, so I was particularly intrigued.  She'd gotten a starter kit, some brushes, but I was particularly intrigued by a tower of shadow that they'd thrown in for free.  I'm a sucker for packaging like this, my head just goes "Ooh, sleek!"  

The line was BellaPierre, and if I recall correctly, they recently had a sale on HauteLook!  My friend was and is a die-hard organic/natural/vegan/recycling person, and she's recently switched to BareMinerals, but she tells me that she still uses her stack of shadows.  It's been three or four years and she says she hasn't made a dent!

I got my own stack today; if you follow me on twitter you'll know that I had a weird mix-up.  The box that my kit came in showed the Iris collection but I ended up with the Pandera collection.  I was a little sad since I wanted some bright, primary school colours, but I was too lazy to go exchange it and I like the colours anyway!



I just realized that the swatches are backwards
and I can't figure out how to rotate the photo.
Swatched over GOSH Velvet Touch Primer
As with all mineral pigments, they claim you can use these for eyes, cheeks, lips, nails, whatever, but I never end up actually using it for anything other than its intended purpose.  With these colours, I'd find it a little hard to use any of htem on my lips or cheeks (maybe if I wanted a really nude colour or as a highlighter?).  I'm still a little sketched out about dipping clear nail polish into powders so I don't usually play around with that.  I'm really liking the first gold swatch on the right though, so I might try that for my nails.

Click for bigger photos!

1 comment: