Monday, April 11, 2011

Review:Too Faced Natural Eye Palette

So I finally got around to checking out this Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Collection after months of holding out for Urban Decay's Naked Palette.  Oh, who are we kidding - I still want Urban Decay Naked, but this will tide me over for the time being!



The kit comes with nine colours - three highlight/base shades, three lid colours and three crease colours.  Each row becomes increasingly sparkly, although Nude Beach is by far the colour with the chunkiest glitter.  I have some fall-out issues with this particular colour, but I've come to expect that from all chunky glitter eye shadows.  The other two shadows in this row (Honey Pot and Cocoa Puff) are not nearly as fall-out-prone.

With primer
The middle colour (Push-Up) is the creamiest of the bunch - I hit it with my brush and it smushed in the most satisfying manner.  The colours in this collection are extremely pigmented, yet blendable - except for Heaven and Nude Beach.  For some reason these colours seem really dry and hard, like they're a little older than the others or something.  I obviously don't expect light colours to show up extremely well on my pale skin, but since the pigmentation of Silk Teddy was so intense, I expected the same from the other two.

Without primer
I'm kind of enjoying using the top right corner colour (Sexpresso) on my brows - I use it to sketch out the shape and blend it out with a spoolie to soften the colour a little.

With primer, palette, without primer

I've been reaching for this every. single. day.  Hence, TWO looks for you lovely people =)!

Day

Night

There's a seed in my teeth.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try out this palette and now that I've read your review, I definitely want to get it ASAP! It looks great on you, you have great skin tone, too. I also like the Urban Decay palette so we'll see if I, too, end up buying both! hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. @t_smith

    I've been dying to swatch the UD palette, but it's sold out EVERYWHERE in Canada. There aren't even testers anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I need to get some new eyeshadow.

    I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.

    Collections Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the base colours & velvet revolver

    ReplyDelete