Friday, May 27, 2011

Illamasqua: Muse


My brother lives lived in Ireland and I went to visit him a couple summers ago.  He lived in Cork, a gorgeous city in the south and I didn't really haul anything from there.  A few days in, we took a trip to Dublin and it was in a department store there that I found the emerging brand Illamasqua!

All Lacquered Up had just featured the brand on her site - they were just breaking into the North American market.  I had really given up bringing home any purchases to show for my trip when I came across a counter in Henry St.

It was the summer of 2009 when they came out with two limited edition nail polishes, one of which I picked up.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the loveliest of blue-greens: Illamasqua Muse.


It's gorgeous beyond words - the way I picture water just before I land at a resort
I remember applying this immediately (application: smooth and flowy!) when we got back to our hotel room and then annoying my brother to no end with regular questions like:

"Isn't it pretty?"
"Look at it in natural light!"
"Now in the shade!"
"OMG it's even beautiful in fluorescent light!"

On and on we went until he popped a sleeping pill to drown me out.

2 comments:

  1. Be Gorra, good old Ireland, my home town. Well not really I'm from Dublin!! You are wearing that colour well lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Me my besta nd I Whereabouts in Ireland are you from? My brother spent most of his time in Cork but stayed in Galway the last year and a half. And thank you =)!

    ReplyDelete