Monday, May 9, 2011

Project X Pan

You guys, today is my last day of purchasing for...god knows how long.  I have a few things I picked up to tide me over (which I will slowly review and show you), but know that I won't be doing a haul for a while because...I'm on a ban.

This has been floating around the blogosphere for some time now, but I've never done it because I think it'll take me forever.  The idea is that until you finish ten products, you cannot purchase a single item.  I'm a little afraid.

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do this - I think most people just list whatever they happen to use up, but I think I'm going to give myself a guide.
  1. Glysomed Hand Cream
  2. Cherry Chapstick - I have never finished a whole lip balm in my life.  This is my chance!
  3. Kiehls Calendula Toner/Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil/Lancome Creme Radiance Cleanser - I'm putting these together as three since they're all less than half-full.  It seems like cheating to pick 10 almost-empties.
  4. MAC Nymphette
  5. Maybelline Gel Liner
  6. Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer
  7. Josie Maran Argan Oil
  8. Korres Wild Rose Foundation - this is going to be a tough one since it's pretty heavy and we're just getting into the summer.  We'll see how this goes...
  9. Boscia Luminizing Mask
  10. Two mascaras - I'm opening two new ones tomorrow, so I'll update which ones they are!
Shall I give myself a deadline?  Say, eight weeks?

I'll be back on July 4th.  See you then!

Wish me luck?


I'll need it.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, the blasted X Pan post?! You best be coming back before July 4th for other posts but best of luck during the next few months on your project. I should try this but I'm much too stubborn and impulsive - perhaps if you succeed, it'll give me hope that I can too! Aside from foundation, I'm not sure I've EVER used one product up in its entirety...so wasteful, I'm ashamed now! hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I failed Project 10 pan the other month, it's so damn difficult !:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @t_smith No worries, I'll definitely stick around! I'm sure there are many looks to be shopped from my collection! Not to mention I did indulge in a little last minute buying in anticipation...that's not cheating right?

    @smoosh_kissxx we'll see how this goes! I'm really nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to incorporate this into my life. My wallet and husband will thank me for it!

    Good luck and thanks for being a new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck:) am trying to only buy when replacing something .... tough PS loving that Kiehls calendula toner ATM too

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Me, my best and I Thanks! I think that's what I'm going to try to adopt after this is over (if it's EVER OVER)

    ReplyDelete