Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Maybelline Longwear Gel Liner vs Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Liner

It's here.

I've been meaning to do this for...some time now.  I can't remember how long.  That's how long it's been.

Here's a little comparison for you  - not that I like to compare!


Top: Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
Bottom: Physician's Formula Shimmer Strip for Brown Eyes Black Gel Liner
 I need to warn you that the Maybelline is a lot older than the Physician's Formula, so it was drier when I applied it.  I do think though that it dried out a little more quickly in general.  I think this might be because the formula is a little thicker; PF's version isn't quite as opaque when I apply it on my lid so I usually put on two coats.  Theirs also has a little purple shimmer in it, which apparently didn't show up in either of these photos.

Smudge test after 15 minutes.  PF wins =P

I can't compare to MAC Fluidline or Bobbi Brown's gel liner because...I haven't tried either of them.  You can flog me.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this...just used up the last of my elf pen liner and looking for some new options.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete