Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tie-D(Eye)?

I was so inspired by Lauren Conrad's tie-dye hair that I decided to do the same thing.

From LaurenConrad.com


Kidding.  I would never.  I'm not cool enough.

Buuuut I can do it on Tod!  On her eyes at least.  I think she'd kill me if I secretly dyed her hair while she was sleeping.  But for a fun night out, here's a really last-minute look.



Without flash, so you can see what she actually looked like



I wanted a really messy, watercolor-y look so I used all fingers and a 224 brush.  I also marbled two lipsticks together to get that sort of tie-dye feel before topping with a gloss.  Let me know if you'd like a proper tutorial and I'll have it up by Monday!

EDIT: Tutorial is here!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Love the LC tie-dye thing, but since I'm an educator, it wouldn't fly so well with the work place.
    2. The eyes look great....so does TOD's hair!
    3. Please note I now have decided to go back to using a toner after watching your skincare tag video, so thank you for that! I am going to try and find the one you talked about in your video, so I'll let you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and when I say talked about, I mean the bottle even though it wasn't Kiehl's! haha I read about their toners in Allure and it seemed like they were just raving on and on about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmagawsh. that's so beautiful and mermaidy. please make a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete