Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do you believe in miracles? I don't.

Until now, that is.

I was pre-streaming Pretty Little Liars for my study break, and I realized that I'd just eaten lunch.  The thing with me is this: I have to do something while I watch TV.  I can't just sit there and watch.  It's excruciating.  I have to eat, read, paint my nails, actively try to fall asleep, something, or I can't focus on it.  I also realized that I'd finished my lunch really quickly and have cleverly kept all prepared foods out of my house so I can't eat mindlessly.  Damn my careful self.  However -- in my fridge scrouting, I found a container of yoghurt that I'd forgotten all about.  Success!

Except that instead of eating it (okay, that's a lie.  It's Greek yoghurt so all that delicious cream rises to the top and forms a layer of uberthick, fatty goodness that I had to eat first), I did what any beauty girl would do and slathered it all over my hands and face.  I have it on as I'm writing this.  Proof?  I'm going to tweet a photo RIGHT NOW at 5:40 pm EST.

But a few minutes ago, I washed my hands because it was flaking all over my keyboard and I couldn't manipulate my touchpad.  Then this happened:


Can you see it? I can.
TOD says she can't.  But I know it's there.  Seriously, right above my wrist bone?  My skin is lighter.  IT'S LIGHTER.   And it was only on for about 20 minutes! I'm thinking it might be yoghurt residue.  Then of course I went on MakeUpAlley to check and it's happened to other people too.  Brilliance!  Take that, Project 10 Pan.

UPDATE 6:00pm: I've just washed it off and my skin is kind of red.  Don't rub it off.  Saturate thoroughly before you scrub at it with tissues.  My mistake.
UPDATE 6:04pm: Ooooh, my skin is SO SMOOTH!
UPDATE 6:05pm: I still smell like yoghurt.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha This post makes me die with laughter, I love it....and I can actually see it! That is quite odd. I don't know if I could put a whole yogurt on my face without just licking it off instantly....if it ever even got on my face and not in my belly upon first discovery! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see it! Weird - I had no idea it would do that!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh must be the lactic acid - must try must try, hate dairy, milky smells but in the name of beauty will try!

    ReplyDelete