Friday, August 5, 2011

July Habits

Since I don't have new products to show you (except for these), I didn't think I'd do a favourites.  Then I saw all these videos come out and decided I wanted to jump on the bandwagon.



  1. Not wearing make up: Baaaad beauty blogger, I know.  I've given my skin a break this month (I'm not sure why...maybe because I'm sleeping in later), and it's been soooo good for clearing up my skin and improving its general texture.  It's such a toss up now between having good skin or having fun in the morning!
  2. Jojoba Oil: I've decided that I can't oil cleanse this every day or my skin gets a little clogged.  I could probably exfoliate more (since I don't use my Clarisonic with this), but for now I'm just doing it twice a week.  What I have done, though, is started moisturizing with it.  I started with a drop in my regular moisturizer, and I alternate that with just jojoba oil all over my face and neck.  Again, I don't think using only the oil is an option for every day, but I do think this has made my skin produce less oil at night.  Win!
  3. Rewatching Frasier, Sex and the City in order. 'Nuff said.
  4. Summer Foundation Routine.  Not sure if you want a video on this, but I've been kind of loving CoverGirl's Natureluxe foundation applied with Sonia Kashuk's sponge.  I started using it on my legs in the beginning of the summer, but I'm sufficiently dark enough now that I use it on my face.  I really didn't think this foundation would be that great (and I recall not liking it when I first tested it), but it's really surprised me!   Maybe it's the sponge...?
  5. False lashes.  Not on myself, but on other people.  I'm hoping to incorporate them into a few more looks!
  6. Quick Videos. This one was less than 4 minutes!  I want to see if I can do more short videos so I don't keep rambling you to death.  My goal?  A tutorial in less than 10. LOL.  Couldn't even get through that with a straight face.
Happy weekend, beauties! I'm also running out of blog ideas, so please request something/anything!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm still interested in this oil cleanse method. I'm not sure it would work for me, but I may give it a shot soon.
    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete