Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Preparation H to the Rescue

Now I don't recommend doing this with a stranger's tube, but if you absolutely must, I would avoid sharing the accompanying perforated applicator.




This trick has been floating around the blogosphere for some time now, and I couldn't help but put it to the test.  I didn't end up using the applicator on TOD, but rather this technique and my fingers.

Before

After 20 min.

It works...okay.  I think I used way too much and it's SUPER greasy -- no scent though! I really can't say how much of the depuffing action was due to her sitting up for 20 minutes or the ointment itself, but there is a noticeable difference.  What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I've heard about this before too. I remember when i was little seeing a 50-something woman on Oprah talking about how she had used preparation H on her face her whole life and never had a wrinkle.... I was dubious, but maybe it really does work!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mary Lane It's sooo greasy I'm not surprised, but I'm a little afraid to use it everywhere - I can see it really clogging my pores

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does work- we tried this years ago for a friends wedding but couldnt get thereal use of this cream out of my head which pout me off!! Apparently its good on feet too to prevent them getting sore on a night out????

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Me, my best and I Ooh brilliant, I'll try it on my feet! I usually use deodorant to fight back potential blisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that it only works if you use the Canadian kind (which I assume you did!) but thankfully I haven't had a big bag issue yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying this trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yo la uso y a los minutos me desinflama las bolsas de los ojos y me desaparece las arrugas es genial y no dejare de usarla y pues yo uso la comun no la de canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. que bien que funciona bien! hay diferencia entre la de canada y la comun?

      Delete