Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review: Macadamia Oil Shampoo

These 300 mL (almost) have been the longest 300 of my life.

When I bought a Macadamia starter set (it came with the oil+masque and a few other things, but the total cost was still cheaper than buying just the oil and masque separately), it came with a Rejuvenating Shampoo.





I was so so so excited to try it -- you know how much I love my Macadamia products.  I expected this to be an extremely hydrating shampoo (rejuvenating...you think you'd be rejuvenating something stressed tr damaged, so that implies moisture, right??), not unlike my beloved Herbal Essences Hello Hydration!

Not so.


THERE.  It says rejuvenating in fancy script!


I think it stripped my hair.

As in my hair felt more brittle after washing (even though I followed with the masque+oil as a conditioner!).  That can't be right.

I've used almost the entire thing now...and it's gotten progressively worse.  I mean, I've had worse hair -- I permed it twice in a year once and...don't do that.  However, it's a little upsetting that I'm comparing the outcome of this shampoo to having had my hair battered and deep-fried twice in the space of eight months.

I can't wait to try my next shampoo.  Which, you ask?  Frederic Fekkai's Full Blown Volume shampoo!  They were giving them away at Holt Renfrew (...in exchange for money.  No, there actually was a promotion this time) so TOD went and got the volumizing one and I took home the glossing one.

EXCITED.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the new shampoo works better! I can't believe that one stripped your hair so bad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually had "lol" moments with "and....don't do that" & "they were giving them away...in exchange for money."

    this review, however hilarious, is upsetting. boo for Macadamia shampoo! it's arch-rival, Moroccan Oil, has a badass conditioner you should try (no word on the shampoo...yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad! I almost bought this stuff at CVS the other day and I'm glad I didn't... i ended up with teh Organix product that I reviewed the other day. I guess I made the right decision!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete