Day 3: What's scary? I'm not even hungry anymore. I couldn't even finish my juice. Each sip was an effort to force down. Even scarier? I started getting all these awkward flu symptoms -- chills, joint pain, etc. I finally went home to sleep it off, but on my way, picked up a Fresh date almond smoothie. Did you know that if you go between 3:00 and 5:30, you'll get a 16 oz for 5.75 and they'll throw in a dessert? I couldn't eat mine, but I figured...almost there! But seriously..I didn't want to eat anything.
|Credit:Women's Fitness Blog|
If you're in Toronto, get yours from here!
Cheat: I actually went out to dinner with some friends and started my raw food a little early. And by raw food I mean I had a celeriac soup and a salad. So...not exactly raw food. It wasn't too hard to eat though so I think the key is this: if it must be cooked, it should be pureed. If it is raw...a little dressing won't hurt you.
Day 4: Still starting my day with hot water and lemon, but I made a mistake of attempting the muffin I got when I purchased my smoothie yesterday. I feel beyond sick. I think I have to really be careful with what I ingest today or I could spend the entire day with that hideous "Am I going to throw up? I don't know. Maybe...Not right now? Okay, a little later then..." feeling.
Final cleanse thoughts?
- Don't cheat. If you must, don't cheat all the way. You know, when people argue that if you rob a bank, you may as well rob a bank for $40 million versus $5000? Yeah, in this case, start low.
- I would do it with a less sugary juice than we did. I think it was the reason for my headaches, at least. Also, my throat started really hurting from the sugariness.
- By the third day, TOD's headaches had completely cleared up! If you need to quit caffeine, this is the way to do it. PUSH THROUGH.
- I had a shocking amount of energy. I walked a little more slowly than I normally do and slept more than usual, but in terms of mental focus -- holy mother of Ritalin, I was a freakin' machine.
- I was cold - all the time. TOD works at a hospital where she regularly finds it far too warm, but she told me that once she'd stopped moving for a while, she needed a sweater. It will be chilly.
- Would I do it again? ...Possibly. TOD says she never will, but I'm mildly intrigued with this semi-annual cleansing business.
So, does anyone dare to cleanse after this experience?