Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Kiss of Liquid Lipstick and Viva Glam


On TOD:  Revlon Colorburst in Papaya (020)
On me: MAC Viva Glam I

I'm so on the fence about these Colorburst liquid lipstick/lipgloss things.  A) I hate the applicator B) I'm not sure I like the formula but it might be the applicator and C) I managed to pick two colours that really don't look good on me.

That's not true, Papaya has its moment.  I think the formula's actually not bad though...but I despise this applicator even more than I despise the current Juicy Tube formula.  I've found the only way I can get the finish I want is to deposit a ton of product onto the back of my hand and smoothing it on with my finger.  Of course, there has to be a catch: the colour sheers out.  *facepalm* It's okay after a few layers, but I can't help but feel that its supposed to be opaque opaque, not just...almost opaque.

Viva Glam I was my second red.  The first was an ill-advised choice pushed on me by a begrudging MAC artist (Brave Red...it'll come up sooner or later), but this dark, vampy, brown-based red has solidly turned me into an occasional red-lip wearer.

What are you wearing today?  Tell me -- I'm nosey.

5 comments:

  1. i really WANT to be a red lip wearer, but feel i look ridiculous....probably because i'm a lipbalm bitch and can't picture myself in another way.

    i like these LOTD posts, gives me inspiration if/when the day comes and i buy a REAL lip shade! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Superficial Sanctuary I was NEVER a red lip wearer until...now. =P. I do admit it's hard to see yourself with, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. I started easing myself into it with the Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter. It's a nice transition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red on you! It looks really good. I'm not wearing lipstick today... I know this is lame, but I usually save lipstick for after work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do they even sell viva glam 1 in toronto anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous I think so! I got mine a few years ago in Mississauga so I can't be certain, but I feel like during my random MAC browsing in the Bloor and Queen locations I've swatched it out of love.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric