As soon as I typed those words into the title bar I realized there are a million and eight things I consider liquid gold (one of them being gravy).
Tod was rushing off to work the other day and of course, that is the only time I am ever inspired to do a look. Onwards!
|Changed the hue of this photo to show you how gold the gold is|
|Seriously -- is that not the foiliest, creamiest gold you've seen in your life?|
|That's what my desk looks like after a look.|
|Tod got tired after a while|
I felt like playing with false lashes but I didn't want something too 'done'. Ergo, no foundation because I wanted to keep all the freckle-y goodness she'd accumulated over the summer. To further emphasize the casual, summery feeling of natural skin, I smudged the liner to within an inch of its inky life. The lips I kept fairly neat because...smudgy red lips just don't work. No
- Line your upper lashline and upper waterline with a creamy black liner (Styli-Style Line & Seal in Carbon Black) and blend with a cotton swab
- Cut a pair of standard false lashes (mine are from a random salon in Toronto) in half and place on outer half of eyes
- Add a few individuals (Individual Lashes by Quo) for an extra feathery look and pinch together with a lash curler
- Fill in any gaps with the same black liner
- Line lower lashline with a highly pigmented gold liner (HIP Chrome Eyeliner in Gold Charge)
- Set by pressing a gold eye shadow into the line with a cotton swab -- better than a brush since the pressing motion will keep the shadow from falling onto your cheeks (Urban Decay Half Baked)
- Fill in brows using MAC Lingering -- I need to get this product. I'm head over heels in love.
- Apply MAC Russian Red Matte to lips (I used an angle brush to sketch in a cupid's bow)
- For cheeks, I applied MAC Lustre Drops (in the lighter colour...can't remember what it's called) using this technique
Wisdom Teeth Update: I'M SO HUNGRY. I'm actually already eating solid food but every time I do, the soreness comes back with a vengeance.
Happy GOBBLE Day!