Monday, October 10, 2011

Liquid Gold


As soon as I typed those words into the title bar I realized there are a million and eight things I consider liquid gold (one of them being gravy).

Tod was rushing off to work the other day and of course, that is the only time I am ever inspired to do a look.  Onwards!

Changed the hue of this photo to show you how gold the gold is

Seriously -- is that not the foiliest, creamiest gold you've seen in your life?
That's what my desk looks like after a look.

Tod got tired after a while

I felt like playing with false lashes but I didn't want something too 'done'.  Ergo, no foundation because I wanted to keep all the freckle-y goodness she'd accumulated over the summer.  To further emphasize the casual, summery feeling of natural skin, I smudged the liner to within an inch of its inky life.  The lips I kept fairly neat because...smudgy red lips just don't work.  No

  1. Line your upper lashline and upper waterline with a creamy black liner (Styli-Style Line & Seal in Carbon Black) and blend with a cotton swab
  2. Cut a pair of standard false lashes (mine are from a random salon in Toronto) in half and place on outer half of eyes
  3. Add a few individuals (Individual  Lashes by Quo) for an extra feathery look and pinch together with a lash curler
  4. Fill in any gaps with the same black liner
  5. Line lower lashline with a highly pigmented gold liner (HIP Chrome Eyeliner in Gold Charge)
  6. Set by pressing a gold eye shadow into the line with a cotton swab -- better than a brush since the pressing motion will keep the shadow from falling onto your cheeks (Urban Decay Half Baked)
  7. Fill in brows using MAC Lingering -- I need to get this product. I'm head over heels in love.
  8. Apply MAC Russian Red Matte to lips (I used an angle brush to sketch in a cupid's bow)
  9. For cheeks, I applied MAC Lustre Drops (in the lighter colour...can't remember what it's called) using this technique


Wisdom Teeth Update:  I'M SO HUNGRY.  I'm actually already eating solid food but every time I do, the soreness comes back with a vengeance.

Happy GOBBLE Day!

6 comments:

  1. Hope your teeth feel better!

    That gold is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gold looks amazing!!!!!!!! love it!

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold, seriously the best eye look on everyone.

    Hope your mouth/teeth heal up fast! I don't blame you for eating too soon, I totes would, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cool. I can't think of an occasion where I would be able to pull off gold liner, but it looks great here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Blonde @ Stylish3 I think it would be a great option for nighttime -- it's a nice change from a neutral black liner

    ReplyDelete