Saturday, November 12, 2011

How long has it been?

Long enough for me to buy something new and use it in a look.

My new purchase?  Orange Pop by Ben Nye.   My first purchase from a real makeup artist brand!  And the best part?  It was $10.  It was hard not to get one in each colour.  I'm currently lusting after the red. Flame, I think it's called?  That's the one.

So I decided to do a gradient-y cheek.  I'm getting a little bored with the two-tone lip so I figured...why not two-tone cheek?  And then things got a little cray-cray.

No they didn't.  But you get it.

1. Apply Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in 01 Light with fingers.  After drying, apply another layer on dark circles
My first time using this foundation!
It spread really well onto her skin, but she mentioned it felt kind of gross on.
Sheer to medium coverage, I'd say.
2. Use MAC 129 to dust Ben Nye blush in Orange Pop on the apple of the cheek
I'm in love with this colour.
3. Using the same brush, take MAC Overdyed into the hollow of the cheek and sweep up towards the temple.


Of course, I had to get a good gradient shot.
Check out that pinky-orange goodness.
4. Use your fingers to press The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer on top of the cheek bone and onto the brow bone, connecting the two around your eye in a C-shape.


5. Finish with brows (MAC Lingering), a shimmery neutral shadow on your lid (UD Virgin), a neutral brown shadow (UD Naked) from your crease to browbone and a dark lip (Stila No Competition).

 

You're getting sleepy...

Sleepy...
...and we're gone.

5 comments:

  1. I love the two tone cheek! Ingenious! I've wanted that highlighter FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cheek look, wish I could pull that off. It is FIERCE, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg who knew orange blush could be so flattering! I love it!


    xo Jackie
    …livingaftermidnite
    SHOP MY MARK. EBOUTIQUE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could pull off the two tone cheek look! This definitely looks like something you'd see on a runway.... SS was right - this is FIERCE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can all pull this off! Ease into the transition with two shades of the same colour =)

    ReplyDelete