Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Look 2011

Peruana got me this Glitz and Glam kit full of samples of illuminators, shimmery shadows and whatnot -- she hinted I could review it but...we all know a tutorial is more fun.  Right?  Feel free to correct me.

This is one of those Sephora favourites where they give you a ton of minis and one or two full size things.  They have all of them on sale for around $35 CAD right now, but a word of warning:  Tod bought the mascara one a couple years back and before she'd gotten halfway through the kit, a bunch of them had dried out.

The kit itself looks like this:


I already have a bucketload of Stila Lip Glazes and a really, really ancient High Beam, but I've never tried anything else from here!  So I woke up this morning and decided to wing it.  During this video, I decided to just grab whatever was there and use only products from this kit.  Which I...almost do.  

And for some reason, my camera just awkwardly didn't record the first step or my intro.  I used the Buxom Stay-There shadow in Pug on both lids, and Tod tells you how much she loves pugs.



Products Used
Buxom Stay-There Shadow in Pug
Sephora Collection Eye shadow in Starry Sky 07
Styli-Style 24 Liner in Blackest Black
TheBalm Mary Lou-Manizer (not from Glitz&Glam kit)
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All Over Colour in Glee
Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer
Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Blackest Black (not from Glitz&Glam kit)
Tarina Tarantino Sparkleicity Gloss in Paiette

Tools Used
MAC 217
Quo Professional Crease Brush
Eco Tools Blush Brush

Happy New Year, darlings.  See you in the next!

10 comments:

  1. Love the intense red lipstick ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sakuranko Thanks!

    @Anonymous Thank you! It's CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, a video! haha i may need to search for this kit! aaaaand attempt (and prob fail) to recreate this look soon, well done.

    hope you and TOD have a great new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Superficial Sanctuary I know, it's been SO long! Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried any of these products, but they look great! If I hadn't just splurged on a Stila eye palette I'd definitely be adding this to my shopping cart right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger,
    and I was curious about your situation; we have developed some nice procedures and
    we are looking to swap techniques with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Review my page - webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, You have done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.
    my page: abc Catalog distributing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss and would
    really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my subscribers would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.
    Here is my blog post abc songs for toddlers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles or reviews daily along with a mug of coffee.
    Also see my webpage: acne treatments for sensitive skin

    ReplyDelete