I was attempting this no-heat curl tutorial from The Lipstick Diaries and I wasn't going to post anything about it...until the video I had planned for you guys stopped uploading after 401 out of 423 minutes. Am I bitter? You judge.
|WHYYYY WON'T YOU UPLOAD????!!11|
|Okay, I've calmed down.|
Not enough to actually apply make up or touch up my
skin at all, but enough to write this post.
A few things when you attempt this:
- The top layer of my hair was much more curled -- I think it's because I started running out of room on the elastic when I got to the longer layers at the back. You can kind of tell in the picture below that the longest pieces of hair have a little body to them, but not really a curl like you see in my bangs.
- I kept worrying the headband would fall off my head. Granted, it didn't stay as far forward as I hoped; it kind of pulled back towards my crown, but I'm kind of glad that happened or I'd have super tight curls around my face and really loose ones everywhere else.
- Spray liberally with hairspray if your hair is as stick-straight as mine. I'm going to play with the idea of hitting it with my hair dryer's hot then cool blast.
- The tutorial was for vintage curls but since my hair is so resistant to heat-less curl, it just ended up looking like beachy waves.
- I'm so into this heat-less thing. Big sweeping declaration: this year, my hair will be long AND healthy! It has been said, it shall be done!