Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chanel Peridot: Up Close and Personal

When the Illusions d'Ombres collection came out in the fall, I got excited about one colour.  No other.  Based on the promo photos and the general buzz, Peridot was interesting -- no doubt -- but I had my heart set on what I thought would be Kaleidoscope 2.0.

Fast forward a few months:  I'm at the Chanel beauty counter and this miracle green/gold/duochrome mystery is sitting amongst the rest the of the chanel Vernis like it's got no better place to be (e.g. on my nails).  I hauled it for you and I think that the best representation of the colour in real life is in that video, so check it out here!  It's easier to tell in the second half since I gesture more.  I think around here my hands stop flailing (as much).

With flash

Without flash

The colour is right up my alley -- a careful, playful balance between gold and olive, like a metallic cargo pant.  It also has Chanel's trademark shimmer depth which I have yet to find in any other line.  The shimmer alone makes it worth the $25 CAD I spent on it.  If you look at a video where I'm wearing it, it almost looks like I have minx nails on.  I couldn't stop obsessing about the way it looked while I was editing the video the other day.  Tod finally got annoyed with me and put in her headphones to drown me out.

In the bottle, the colour looks like a gorgeously muted silvery-gold with a strangely beautiful blue duochrome.  I've tried to show it to you in the photo below, but it's much more striking in person.  Also in the photo below, you can tell how fine the shimmer is.  It looks exactly (so exactly that I needed to bold, underline and italicize) like that on the nail.

At the bottom you can see the blue duochrome.  GAWJUS.
Anyone else happen to have this colour?  Tell me what you think in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I was under the impression this color looked GREAT in the bottle but not as great when translated onto the nail. Your photo without the flash TOTALLY proves this wrong! I love this color, so fun and funky. Very you! My friend wanted it back in the fall and someone told her not to, but I may have to tell her to try and find it now because she'd love it!!

    ReplyDelete