Saturday, February 25, 2012

Essie: Lady Like

This colour is nothing you've ever seen on me before.  It's one of those dusty mauve-pink hybrids with zero shimmer.  I'm not sure what's going on in my head, but I never wear colours like this.  In fact, this whole time I've had it on I've been feeling rather undecided about it all, but I can't stop looking at it.  I'm thinking of layering a glitter over it to make it more...me.

I picked it up a couple months ago in a dustbin -- my favourite place to hunt for polishes.  I rarely pay full price for the new releases, I prefer to hunt through the random bowl of polish near the register.  This one was broken up from a set of minis from the Brand New Bag collection, and it was buried underneath a pile of full-sized OPI Ginger Bells.  It looked lonely.



That half moon you see at the tip of my nails?  That's the line you get after you Shellac yourself.  I think the last one I got was in November so...yeah.   Be warned.


I'm not sure what this whole nude polish thing means.  I need recommendations!

8 comments:

  1. lady like is one of my favorite opaque nude polishes.
    i also like barefoot and topless from essie. it is very pretty nude as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that! Will check it out for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm fascinated with nude nails because I'm normally a no-nail polish type. The nude seems like a "dressier" version of my normal nails and hopefully easy to apply since any over-application would be well-hidden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a certain demureness about it that I just love. I feel so grown up when I wear a nude nail!

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely nude on you! I don't only many nudes so I couldn't give any recs. I have one light pink-ish nude from OPI, but the formula sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find a lot of companies have issues with light colours. The only nude I have from OPI is Bubble Bath, which I love, but the formula is definitely a little iffy.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

      Delete