Pages

  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On my Vanity: Everyday Makeup

I think this is the part of my setup I hate the most -- I need compartments, people! This container was the packaging for a mug I bought, and I figured, oh that'll be great to have my everyday makeup all packed away and out of sight.  I forgot to account for everything's height.

From tallest to smallest!  Sort of.

Again, I feel as though I must warn you...I don't wear makeup every day.  In fact, most days I don't.  Think of this more as my...if I wear makeup, this (plus a few other things from my collection) is what I'll wear.  Go big or go home.







  • Naked and Naked2.  I've probably gone on about these enough
  • TheBalm Bahama Mama bronzer.  This is Tod's but I use this when I can't find Benefit Hoola.  For some reason that lives in my top drawer.
  • TheBalm Hot Mama blush.  Orgasm dupe, they say.   It's a pan of peachy-pink, just-the-right-amount-of-shimmer shimmer goodness.
  • MAC Quad with Motif, Brule, Satin Taupe and Mulch.  I don't actually use this that often.  Not sure what it's doing here.
  • TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer.  This is also Tod's, but it fits in so she keeps it here.  I don't really use this on myself that often, it's more of an evening look unless you use powder over it.  I'm too lazy.
  • Sephora sample pots filled with Urban Decay Primer Potion (that's how much I got out of a sample. A SAMPLE!) and Tarte Smooth Operator.  Smooth Operator is not yellow/green enough for me, but if you ignore that my head looks detached from the rest of my body, it's the best tinted moisturizer I've tried so far. Better coverage, not shiny/greasy and a smooth finish.  I.e., kicked Laura Mercier's taupey-beige ass.
  • Clean&Clear Oil Control Film.  I don't know why I don't use these more often, they're a godsend.


  • Lush Colour Supplement in Dark Yellow. For days I don't feel like putting actual foundation on but my skin just won't cooperate with myself.  The finish isn't as matte as I like (I'm a greasy person), but the colour is shockingly self-adjusting.  It's still not exactly the colour of my body, but it blends into my face really, really well.  I use it full strength over sunscreen.
  • MUFE HD foundation in 123.  How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  You have made my face look almost the colour of my neck and chest.  You have a fantastic, airbrush-y yet skin-like finish.  The medium coverage almost makes me throw out all my concealers.  I can't think of an equally poetic fourth one.  It's good.  Go get.
  • Duo Lash glue in Dark.  Dries a LOT faster than the clear.
  • CoverFX Clear Prep sample.  Absorbs so, so quickly.  None of this sitting around waiting for your primer to absorb nonsense.
  • Lancome Blush Subtil in Amour Rose.  A matte blush for days I don't feel shimmery.
  • Eye drops.  Got these at my optometrist's office in Hong Kong -- they are the best I've tried.
  • Tweezerman tweezers.  My second pair, because I thought I lost the first pair.  They, like everything else, turned up in my luggage.
  • MUFE Kabuki.  Not sure how I feel about this yet.  I use it for my Guerlain Meteorites.
  • Shu Uemura eyelash curler.  Nothing curls my lashes, but this makes a valiant effort.

So...if anyone knows of an organizational system that'll fit most of those things...

4 comments :

  1. Love MUFE HD foundation and the Naked Palettes are always in reach on my desk area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do yourself a favour...
    1) Go to IKEA and buy the "ALEX" drawer system
    2) Go to Solutions (or some other fancy container store, maybe even Staples!), and buy the Linus deep containers.

    It's my FAVOURITE storage solution. I posted about it on my blog if you want to take a look. The Alex drawers come in different sizes and in White/Black, and the Linus containers come in different depths and lengths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip! I'm totally stalking your organization system :)

      Delete
    2. No problem! FYI I also found great storage containers at the dollar store!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric