Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: MAC Motif

When I was 13, my mom took me to a MAC store when we were in New York to make my first makeup purchases.  I ended up getting MAC Nymphette, which I still adore to this day.  I think it's one of the few make up items I've repurchased.  Motif was one of the colours in that quad and I remember loving its gorgeous pink iridescence more than anything.  The base colour is a golden peach shade, but its pink duochrome sets it apart from all other nude lid shades.

I've been playing with it more recently, but not on my lid.  For my lid I've been going all dark and matte.  This leaves the option for a little shimmer on the cheek, and as much as I love Mary Lou-Manizer, South Beach and High Beam, I've been looking for something a little different.  Enter Motif.



I had a hard time capturing its highlight-y goodness on my face, so I swatched it over NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and Black Bean to show you the pink duochrome.


Try it.  Love it.  But maybe not if you're lighter than NC20.








2 comments:

  1. I know this isn't the focus of this blog post but I really want to try the balm products and I see you mentioned Mary Lou-manizer. I want Betty Lou-manizer. I've never tried Motif but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both would look great on you! Motif comes off more as a fairy princess highlight because of its iridescence, and Betty Lou Manizer was gorgeous when I swatched it in the store. It was the most gorgeous golden bronze I've seen in a while.

      Delete