Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Double Duty Tip: Concealer + Pink Lip

Combo 1: A pinky-nude lip.  I hate that really washed-out, recovering zombie lip some people do -- I believe Snooki is a fan.  Now ask yourself -- would you rather look like this?

Or like this?

To get Angelina's lip, prime your lips with your concealer then lightly dab your pink lipstick over it, just enough to give a hint of colour.

Combo 2:  Under-eye corrector.  I first heard about this from Wayne Goss, one of my favourite Youtube gurus at the moment!  I didn't actually believe it would work until I attempted it on myself and...it was magical.  Step aside, Bobbi Brown.

I find waxy textures are best for both techniques; they stay put longer.  A liquid concealer tends to settle into the crease of your lips and fill them in awkwardly.  Also, I wouldn't necessarily use an undereye concealer for this -- find one that matches the skin on your face, it'll be more useful in the long run.  A gloss (instead of a lipstick) might also leave your under-eye area a little stickier than you're used to and make your lower eye area crease or wrinkle.  Also, try to stay away from anything with a frosty or shimmery finish, it won't mix or set as well.

My concealer picks:  TheBalm Time Balm in Medium or Light/Medium, Mac StudioFinish Concealer in NC35, Cle de Peau in Ochre
My lip picks: Kate for Rimmel in 05 (this is the best combination for my brown-based dark circles, along with Cle de Peau Ochre), NARS Morocco for those who have bluer circles, or NYX Elektra for really gray circles.

Any other double-duty tricks you have for me?  You know I can't help myself.

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try that balm concealer. Great tips! I'm really not a fan of the super pale lip either.

    I love Angelina's lip color in the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promised you a comparison with the Cle de Peau concealer! Coming soon, I promise!

      Delete