Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Current Foundations

Guess what?

It's Saturday.
It's sunny in Toronto.
One in five Canadian conversations pertain to the weather.




A little note about foundation -- you'll notice that I talk a lot about mixing full coverage foundation into moisturizer.  I have used tinted moisturizers before, but I always feel mildly ripped off.  The ratio between moisturizer and foundation takes some time to figure out, but once you get it, it's easy enough to replicate.  Also, it negates the need for any foundations that claim to be anti-aging/line-filling/nourishing but aren't really.  Pigment is king, people.

Products Mentioned

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - Bamboo Beige
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - 123
Lancome Teint Idole Freshwear -
Dior Diorskin Forever SPF 25 - #30
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage - SC 3
Korres Wild Rose - WRF2
IMAN Powder - #2

Toos Mentioned

MAC 187
EcoTools Bronzer Brush
Sephora Double Ended Complexion Brush (possibly discontinued)
Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Buffer Brush
Real Techniques Stippling Brush

I'm on such a foundation/concealer kick.  What are you using?

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this.
    i am into mixing stuff lately. my stila tinted moisturizer works for almost anything.
    i wanna get some high-end foundation but i still have too many full bottles on my vanity..(sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm trying to use everything up! I have a million bottles of drugstore foundations that are sitting unused, so I try to mix those into the more high end ones and make them work.

      Delete
  2. Your brushes are always so clean. Do you clean them after every use? I used to and I found that I had to replace by brushes quiet frequently - like once every 2 months. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell myself I'll clean them after every use, but usually it ends up being every three times I use them. I deep clean them once a month, which is really bad! This summer I resolve to deep clean them every week.

      In terms of brushes, I use a random assortment of brushes, but mostly EcoTools and MAC. For brush cleaner, I use the Cinema Secrets one or the Clinique one. Both are good! If I'm feeling really lazy I'll just dip them in 99% alcohol, but I find it a little harsh so I think I'll switch to 70% soon.

      Delete