Friday, June 15, 2012

Apotheke Obsession

It needed to be addressed:  I have a drugstore addiction.

Whenever I hit the tarmac of a new country/city/town/foreign territory, I immediately navigate myself towards one of two places.

1) A grocery store.  I need to check out the local candy selection -- flavours alone will tell you more about a population of people than anything else.
2) A drugstore.  I need to check out the local skincare/makeup selection -- that alone will tell about their shipping policy.

The last time I went to Europe I was shamefully unversed in any sort of self-grooming policy (except for lipgloss), so this time I made sure to do my due diligence.  Special thanks to Phil from Mirror Reality for sending me a rather...extensive list of what to get.  I purchased selectively.


Pardon the blur -- Instagram is not the best for highres photos -- but this is everything I purchased in an apotheke.

For a roundup of all the moisturizers...

I look oddly intense in this still. 

I realize now that my head looks oddly orange -- it's because my blinds only go as far down as my neck, so my body is being completely washed out by the daylight.  I'm not an Oompa Loompa, as much as I'd like to live in a chocolate factory.




4 comments:

  1. I always checkout the skincare/makeup section at drugstores too! I can't make it out of there empty handed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm german...and an Apotheke is the german word for pharmacy and typically "drugstores" are stores like DM, Ihrplatz, Schlecker,...
    And the Penaten Creme is so thick and "weird" coz it is a baby cream! :D You usually use it on babys bums... I'm surprised that you find it very cheap here, it must be REALLY expensive over there then haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have it here at all! I think that tin cost me 1 euro, but it's a travel size. The fact that it's a baby cream makes a lot of sense why it doesn't absorb completely then :)

      Delete