Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day to Night: After Work Edition

After writing this post the other day, I thought I'd get ahead of myself and film this week's video.  Mainly, I just wanted to show you how I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush, but in a more legitimate-sounding way.

There are a few ways to spice up your look for an after-work rendez-vous, and in this 30-degree weather, I thought a bright lip was the way to go.  





Products Used
Lise Watier Blotting Sheets
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette (love this!)
Real Techniques Brow Brush
MAC Such Flare! Matte Lipstick



A few other ways to refresh yourself...
  1. Fix any makeup that's gone astray.  Keep a supply of cotton swabs in your workspace and roll the end in your hand cream.  Beware any ultra-fragranced lotion or you will fall off your chair, clutching your eye.   This did not happen to me.
  2. Re-apply your fragrance.  Or if your day scent has completely worn off, you can also switch to an evening fragrance.  Since I usually spray perfume in the morning, I find doing this feels like I'm starting over and the day's problems become non-existent.
  3. You could play up your eye makeup -- the best way that I've found is to smoke out your liner with a  dark shadow. I generally don't like putting more makeup on my lid because it feels really gross to put makeup on top of sweaty, creased makeup.  If I ever actually put new eyeshadow on, I generally cleanse the eye and start over.

2 comments:

  1. Love the title of your blog. I also have a blog focused on the delicate art of procrastination, but I focus on fashion and other random ways to waste time.
    Asilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked it out, we have a pretty similar taste in books! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete