Sunday, July 22, 2012

last night's look

One way to clear out your product is to put makeup on people and send them home with the products.  I'm giving up quite a few foundations so I was looking for people close to my colour.  It's so hard to tell yourself to give up foundations because they tend to be the most expensive of products, but I found such a perfect match for Silvia that I couldn't not finish the look.  Good thing she was going clubbing!  I haven't done a going-out look in forever!



I realized after taking half the photos that you can tell what sort of wreckage happens to my apartment after I do a look.  I'll try to spare you the hideousness.

1) I prepped Silvia's skin with CoverFX Clear Prep -- it's extremely mattifying, but quite silicone-y so it needs a moment to set.

2) Then I took a little Homeoplasmine (which is apparently being discontinued in Canada?  Treason!) on a Q-Tip and scrubbed her lips to within an inch of their lives, then applied another layer.

3) I used my Real Techniques brush to apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over her lids


4) For eye shadow, I used the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette --  I picked up Tease with a MAC 217 to gently sculpt her eye then Busted on a MAC 219 to define the outer V a little more.  Then I laid a little of Booty Call down on the lid with my finger.

5) For her liner I used a matte teal colour from the Kryolan palette and winged it up slightly.  Then I tightlined with an Essence gel liner

6) I applied a coat of CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion.  For a little extra drama, I added half a lash to each eye -- I used regular criss-cross lashes like these ones here (Note:  I didn't buy mine from this site, I picked them up in a random salon).

7) In her brows I used Rimmel's brow pencil in Hazel -- it matched her lighter hair perfectly.  I didn't change the shape much, just straightened the arch a little and extended the tail past her her natural brow.


7)  For her skin I used the Shiseido Perfect Foundation to apply Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation in Bamboo Beige -- one of the items she took home!  She's a tad less olive than me so it suited her skin perfectly.

8) I mixed Bobbi Brown's Pout Pink Pot Rouge and Tarte's Cheek Stain in Green Siren and applied with my Eco-Tools foundation brush.  Then it died and now I'm sad.  Seriously, what happened here?  It's like a whole section of bristles decided to mutiny.

8) For lips I used Dior Serum de Rouge in 560 -- it's Dior's answer to the lipstick/balm hybrids, and it's fantastically moisturizing.
  


A shot of her hair -- just a really improvised marriage of half-up and fishtail

I like finding out that I'm funny sometimes.  Then posting proof.


Then making up for it with a beautiful photo of them =)
How was everyone else's weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking of getting her to do a hair tutorial with me =)

      Delete
  2. Great look! Love that u look done up but not over done.. And ur hair looks gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my friend Silvia, she has the most amazing hair!

      Delete
  3. really pretty! i love your hair and lip color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lip colour actually doesn't look that great on me, but it's fantastic on her!

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful! I love your smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a pretty girl already, so it was an easy job!

      Delete
  5. You did an awesome job! I have a date with a friend tomorrow night to do the same thing. I hope it turns out as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it will, can't wait to see it :D

      Delete
  6. Thats a really great look, you know I keep meaning to get round to getting that UD palette :)

    ReplyDelete