Friday, July 6, 2012

Vanity/Medicine Cabinet

Helloooooo lovelies!

I've been trying to figure out a way to stash my products so that I actually use them.  I find a medicine cabinet really doesn't work for me since I spend 90% of my time at home in front of my computer.  The best way for me to perform my beauty duties is during an hour-long TV show (30 minutes doesn't leave you enough time to let things absorb and a movie's too much of a commitment) when I know I have time to really get the mascara out from between my lashes and to apply enough product to my neck and decollete (areas which are often overlooked).

I definitely use a ton of other products that require in-shower/over-sink time, but when I just don't want to get up...here they are.



Please pardon the background noise, I accidentally left my AC unit on.

Most of the products are available at Shoppers Drug Mart (at an astronomically high mark up) except for the Embryolisse, Lumecin, Ictyane and the Phloretin serum.  Those I procured from various sellers/apothekes/contest giveaways.  

I love nosing through What's in my... posts, so link yours in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! do you like the phloretin serum? (and where did you find it?!) i keep wavering on whether i should buy it but it's super expensive :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I won it in a giveaway, but I believe you can find it at a few salons in Toronto...the Skinceuticals site has a map of stockists. It is really expensive, and I'm not sure it's working. I don't think I've noticed a huge difference in my skin (but then, it is preventative, so I don't know if we'll ever know -- beauty existential crisis!), but in terms of instant gratification, the Lancome Genefique serum or the Kiehls midnight recovery concentrate is better. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Ooh thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. nicely organized!
    i need to clean my vanity. my stuff is all over the place and because of that, i don't get to reach for variety of products. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acrylic trays help organize EVERYTHING. True story.

      Delete