Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

Review: Suqqu Cheek Brush




It's one of those things you can't quite explain.

How do you communicate a sensation?  I can tell you something's pebbly, smooth, sharp or rough but I can't really explain the degree to which they are those things.  Normally at this point, I'd compare it to something similar, but in this case...there really isn't anything similar.

Except mink.  Go feel a mink.

That's the closest thing to which I can compare the Suqqu Cheek Brush. This wonderfully soft (what an inadequate word) marvel is the most beautiful, sleek concoction of grey squirrel and ebony.  It's smaller than anyone would expect, but the perfectly weighted handle offers a balance that comes only with several years of manufacturing expertise.

Getting back to how soft and plushy this brush is, I think it's most evident when you press it into your cheek.  The moment you sweep the bristles on your face, they bend and give in a way that no other brush ever has.  Where occasionally I find that even my higher end brushes feel as though they're pushing my skin a little, there is not a doubt in my mind that the Suqqu Cheek Brush uses only the most accommodating of bristles.

Because the bristles are so soft, they deliver the sheerest wash of colour.  Even the most pigmented of blushes (I'm looking at you, Tarte Tipsy and NYX Red) become a light flush of colour, so light and feathery that barely any of the pigment rests on your skin.  And once again, because the bristles are so silky, you won't see any irritation from building up softer colours.  In fact, the more you buff, the more natural the colours become.

I can't quite put into words how much I love this brush, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Availability: Mine was purchased off eBay for $132 + shipping.  These are available for online ordering at Selfridges.co.uk, but are rarely in stock.  Suqqu also has counters available in Japan and Thailand.

10 comments :

  1. OOO I've wanted this one ever since Lisa Eldridge used it in one (or multiple) of her videos. The way you describe it makes it sound magical <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, THE Suqqu cheek brush. I've read that it's comparable to Chikuhodo Z4 brush, which I've ordered and I'm waiting eagerly for it to arrive (together with Z5 and Z10). If they're really as good as they're said to be, I'm going to be in BIG trouble :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such amazing things about Chikuhodo -- I cannot WAIT to hear what you think!

      Delete
  3. Ahh I've heard such raves about Suqqu and am always tempted, as I'm definitely a believer in good brushes making a big difference. Though I've found price doesn't always correlate with quality and many of my favorite brushes are from inexpensive brands like Real Techniques and Eco Tools, it seems like Suqqu is one brand where the price and quality are in line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree. More often than not, expensive brushes are just that -- expensive. These however, are pricey but you can absolutely deduce the level of quality and craftsmanship. I adore both Real Techniques and EcoTools; their brushes are even better quality than their prices would imply.

      Delete
  4. UGGGH this blush fiend wants the precious.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this quite recently...finalllllllllllllllllly...after agesss of looking and wanting and wanting some more...and it really is the softest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely the best brush decision I've made in years! I use mine every single day without fail :)

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric