Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

Review: Missha BB Boomer

I used Missha's BB Boomer in this FOTW (will soon update the rotation!) and I'm so in love with it.  Firstly, I've never tried a BB cream, despite my Asian heritage, and I had no idea there were BB cream primers.  Question: Aren't BB creams supposed to be miracle products that act on their own and need no support whatsoever?  Just saying.

I adore this product its beautiful highlighting ability.  As you can see in the promo photo, there's a pearly opalescence that makes for an extremely sheer, these-are-my-real-cheekbones highlight.  I take a tiny dab of this, rub it between my fingers and tap it onto my cheeks before/after foundation, depending on how much cheekbone I want.  Now, I've never tried BECCA's shimmering skin perfector, but this is what I think it's supposed to look like.  I've heard some people say that this is too glittery for daytime, but the glitter doesn't manifest itself that way on me.  It's just the most natural, dewy "glow" people keep raving over.  I think this may have replaced Mary Lou-Manizer and High Beam.  Actually, I just realized I never wore highlighter on a regular basis before.  This is my inaugural daily highlight.

I also use this as a moisturizer, and holy cracker, does this make my skin feel soft.  It also makes my skin look more finished, if that makes sense?  I've never been one for illuminating/dewy/glowy/Twilight-sparkly foundations since I have rather combination-oily skin, but this makes me rethink all that.  It covers absolutely nothing, yet I feel as though I can go bare faced with this moisturizer on.  It's probably just wishful thinking.

Details
Price: I got it for free when I purchased my BB cream.  A quick Amazon search tells me you can get a 40 mL for $7 but it retails for $25.
Product: It doesn't specify an SPF on it (or maybe it does, but I can't read Korean), but people claim that it's sunblocking.  I don't like to use sunscreen after because it ruins this other-worldly softness it gives my skin, but I probably should, just in case.
Availability:  I got mine from a Korean grocer on Bloor, just west of Christie.  It's underground and they also sell Missha Perfect Cover.
Wear: I don't use it as a primer so I can't comment

I think I'm going to put some on right now.

4 comments :

  1. Sounds amazing! I've never tried a BB cream, but I've heard only good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I want to be one of those people who can use them, but the colours I've tried look oddly peachy/pink on me. Blast this green undertone of mine!

      Delete
  2. I've just found my bb boomer from years ago and googled reviews on it, sounds promising! I'm Chinese with oily combo skin too but this I can't wait to try. thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think :)

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric