Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

A HEALTHY BREAKFAST OPTION



Since I shared my favourite breakfast of all time on Monday (link HERE), I figured I'd share something closer to what I actually eat on an everyday basis.  Ain't nobody got time to whip up that Hollandaise on a weekday.

I've recently gotten into make a green smoothie right before bed and that'll be the first thing I eat.  I think I've just figured out the recipe that I like, but it generally goes as some sort of leafy green, regular water, and flavourings (I like honey and lemon).  I think I might do a video on it, I'm sure there's a really cool way to film that!

My other daily staple is chia pudding -- my mom got me completely hooked on it!  I mix two tablespoons of chia with about half a cup of almond milk, then sweeten with honey.  It is literally that easy -- you might have to shake and/or store a few minutes after it sits, but even if you don't it's not a big deal!

I do have a question though -- since I started eating breakfast about two months ago, I've noticed that I get hungry faster.  Is that weird?

5 comments :

  1. Ah, I love chia pudding! The bf makes it with coconut milk or cocoa powder- it's ultra yummy :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making chia pudding once and it was kind of not great. Then again, I just threw it together with random proportions of liquid/chia seeds... and the liquid in question was water and instant almond drink powder so maybe I should stop talking and try it again properly.

    About eating breakfast, I'm the same way. I think it has something to do with activating your metabolism - maybe your body saying "oh good we are getting food regularly and I don't have to be in fasting/starvation mode", you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I did that the first time too. 2 tbsp of chia seeds to about 1/2 cup of liquid works. If you don't have almond milk, I just use water and honey!

      Delete
  3. That IS healthy. I always have a big bowl of cereal and yoghurt. Also pretty healthy I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric