Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

BRUSH COLLECTION AND STORAGE



Out of sight, out of mind -- isn't that the way it goes?  If you watched my Makeup Addict Tag last week, you'll have seen that all of my storage is transparent.  I have the worst tendency to forget things that are in my collection!

I keep the brushes I'm currently using in my everyday makeup set up (check it out here), and I rotate them out on a fairly regular basis.  Since my skin is extremely acne-prone, I'm paranoid about putting dirty brushes on my face, hence the need for 5? 6? foundation brushes.  I'm also really lazy about washing my brushes (beauty blogger blasphemy!) so the rotation is SUPER necessary.

When I first started the blog, I had the highest aspirations to owning every single MAC brush in the collection -- it was pretty lofty and unnecessary.  Since expanding my brush collection, I've come to the conclusion that I really don't need all of them, and that I actually prefer a ton of other brush collections.  My current favourites come from Hakuhodo, Paula Dorf, Real Techniques and Suqqu (despite having just the one cheek brush).

While I'm pretty set for brushes (because really, how many fluffy blending brushes does one need?), I still have my eye on a few other brands -- it's that typical beauty blogger Product A.D.D. that's speaking up on me.  I regularly stalk Beauty Bay for RMK brushes on sale, I constantly debate between getting a full set of Chikuhodo or just a few individuals, and the lust for the Suqqu powder brush is SO real I can't even begin to explain it.

I don't often do reviews, but let me know if there's a particular brush you'd like more information on! Also, do you have any brush favourites that aren't in my stash?  Giving you full permission to enable me right now.

14 comments :

  1. I like that you keep your videos short and sweet :-) I'm still jealous you got the Paula Dorf brushes! For blush, the Chikuhodo Z4 is amazing. And for foundation, I love the TF cream foundation brush. I'm a sucker for face brushes though. I picked up a few from Zoeva recently. For the price, it's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so intrigued by Zoeva, mainly for its rose gold beauty! I NEED chikuhodo in my life!

      Delete
  2. Oh my God this makes so much sense! I love the lid and the thing you tied on it. I know some people use marbles, but rice looks like a great idea (probably as long as you don't live somewhere warm and humid)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find rice makes sure they stay dry and it supports the brushes SO well.

      Delete
  3. OK WOW. I am going to do this TODAY hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me more about the NARS 42 (is it good for blending?) and Hakuhodo J521(really thin strokes?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NARS 42 is a tiny bit scratchy, it's like a fluffier, more rounded MAC 224. The Hakuhodo 521 is INCREDIBLE, its the tightest tight line I've ever experienced. The thickness is literally comparable to the vase of my lashline -- I've never used such a detailed brush!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of a lid because ugh dust, but do you find it cumbersome having to reach so far in the container to grab a brush? I like the UD foundation buffing brush. Reasonable price, I kinda threw it into my online shopping cart on a whim but ended up liking it a lot due to the density.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have massive hands so it's not too much trouble for me, but I do have a similar smaller container that might be better for people with nornalnsized hands :-)

      I've lusted to the UD foundation brush for SO LONG. Frankly it seems like an exact dupe of the Sephora 45 or Id totally get it. I think the price point is even lower!

      Delete
  6. I loove the way you store your brushes- how cool! And that collection is truly impressive! Swooning over the Suqqu brush especially :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! There's the rice :-D What an amazing collection of brushes you have, oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to keep them on rotation as well. The Suqqu blush brush is definitely on top of my list!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric