Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

10 thoughts that occurred when I finally watched You've Got Mail



  1. Whoa, Windows 95 desktop.  I'd forgotten you.
  2. Watching dial-up internet try to get its act together makes me want to tear my own hair out.
  3. Really?  Dreams by the Cranberries?  Was that as ubiquitous in 90s movies as Liz Phair's "Why Can't I" in the mid-00s?
  4. Needlessly complicated Starbucks drinks were $2.95 for a tall.
  5. This movie was made before Price Club became Costco.  Tom Hanks refers to his store as the "Price Club of books."  Funny enough, I bought most of my books at Costco when I was growing up.
  6. Tom Hanks really could use my eye-depuffing remedy.
  7. Meg Ryan's brows have inspired me to do a brow tutorial.  Everyone else has managed to have fantastic brows, not sure what happened to hers.
  8. Tom Hanks' girlfriend was in Josie and the Pussycats! Meg Ryan's shop assistant was in Miss Congeniality!
  9. Everyone now and then, I see a flash of Benedict Cumberbatch in Tom Hanks.  #wishfulthinking
  10. Internet dating has come a long way.

5 comments :

  1. OMG loved this movie!!!!! LOL @ the dial-up remark...I remember when hardly anyone even had dial up...my freshman year of college there was this weird back alley way that I had to go through to connect from home to the school servers. It was such a pain in the rear that I ended up just doing most of my work on campus when I could. But back then I didn't know any better and thought it was way cool I could even do that! Haaa ha!!! Don't be dissing my Cranberries and the Dreams song, lady :-P I STILL have that album on my phone library and I STILL love that song! LOL and to answer your question, yes it was it a lot of movies...the one I'll always remember is that it was at the end of the first Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise. But all that's neither here nor there because you'd probably really make fun of me if I told you I have Milli Vanilli in my library too. Whoops. That cat's loose!

    On a side note...have you ever seen French Kiss with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline?? If you haven't do it...it's so cute and one of my fav movies of hers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a Cantonese version of Dreams by the Cranberries and I had no idea it was a cover until....5 years ago? I LOVED that song but felt so cheated when I realized it wasn't original LOL.

      OH MY GOD Milli Vanilli. #throwback. LOVE IT.

      Also, I'm like, the world's biggest Kevin Kline fan, but I still have yet to see French Kiss. Off to download that now!

      Delete
  2. LOL LOL
    I love this movie. I don't know why, but I do and when it's on TV I make my family watch it. They hate it hahaha. Cripes, dial-up internet-I remember playing NEOPETS on dial-up HAHAHA. It was SO FREAKIN' HARD to buy stuff at the marketplace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you make your whole family sit with you to watch it. I'm going to do that to my family whenever Forgetting Sarah Marshall comes on.

      Neopets is where my consumption problems started.

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric