Pages

  • About
  • The Edit
  • The Review
  • The Video
  • Contact/PR

Wardrobe Addition: Nude Heel/Shoe Mullet





I've never owned a nude heel, despite the number of style articles out there that tout its virtue.  Why not?  Honestly, we just never got on.  Most articles talk about a classic nude pump -- I have yet to find a pump that's truly comfortable, or at least bearable -- but most styles tend to be too shiny, too pale, too...something.

Enter the CoSTUME NATIONAL Vima Wedge.  I was at a TNT outlet sale one weekend and snagged these babies for $99 mid-check out. Score. They're not quite classic; the carved wood wedge and the black leather accents keep it from being too basic, but that's exactly what I've been missing.  From the front they look like a classic, almond shaped peep-toe nude heel that comes pretty close to my skin colour, but the wedge is what makes it for me.  I thoroughly adore all 3.25 inches of polished grainy gray, visible only when I walk away.  

What's the expression?  Business in the front, party in the back.

8 comments :

  1. Oh yeah, I definitely have a thing for nude wedges, too! These are gorgeous, but way too high for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're okay to walk in -- there's definitely some pressure on the balls of my feet after a long day, but I think after a couple of wears they'll soften beautifully.

      Delete
  2. Nice find! I think you'd be able to wear them for quite a while. Looks very versatile too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wore them the entire and my feet only started hurting towards the end. After a couple of breaking-in sessions they should be perfect

      Delete
  3. NICE! I like em. I love the look of heels, but my lifestyle rarely needs them hahaha. Plus, I'm 5'10" and I'd tower over everyone in heels haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is one gorgeous mullet shoe <3

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric